[Ti] New Matias keyboard (clackity, clack) on my new Powerbook.

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Fri May 14 11:04:04 PDT 2004

On 5/14/04 12:48 PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> I just replaced my old MacAlly iMedia keyboard with a Matias Tactile Pro. As
> soon as I started typing, every head in the office and down the hall turned.
> What a racket! It reminds me of the good old days of the 128K Macs and those
> telegraph-style keys. It has the same Alps switches of the old Macs and the
> Mac Pro keyboard rather than the rubber membranes that modern keyboards use.
> This thing is noisy, easy to type on and built like a tank.

I didn't realize just how important my original Apple Pro keyboard was until
I sold my G3 and had to begin using the USB atrocity. I spent what, $150 for
the Apple keyboard back in the last 80's because it was so similar to my
beloved Selectric typewriter keyboard. I talked my boss into ordering a
couple MTP keyboards and they came in Monday. They never got out onto the
shelves! I bought one, the head techie bought one and while we were playing
with them the owner came in and took the third! We've been raving about them
and now have orders for a dozen. I can't remember ever selling a keyboard at
the store before! A great keyboard

david