[Ti] waiting for my TiBook

Silvo Conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Tue May 18 08:16:14 PDT 2004

On 18 May 2004, at 15:59, Tarik Bilgin wrote:
> On 18 May 2004, at 12:36, Silvo Conticello wrote:
>> Does anybody knows if there is a maximum time that they can keep my
>> computer (on a legal basis)?
>
> I would look at the terms and conditions of the Applecare in detail
> and see what they are (perhaps this may exempt them from any
> particular time-frame or deadline) but even if they are restrictive,
> the term "reasonable" features heavily in common-law judicial systems
> (e.g. UK, USA, Canada) ... but litigation might be "overkill" for one
> Powerbook.

 From the terms anconditions:
"Apple will use reasonable endeavors  to repair covered equipment
within 14 days of you reporting a fault, but repair may take longer due
to circumstances beyond Apple's control"
But I agree that might be 'overkill'.

> It wasn't the end of the world for me as I had moved all my data on to
> an iMac I owned at the time and worked on that, but with a single
> machine it would be problematic.

In my case that's my only computer. since I've sent it for repair I'm
sharing an iMac with a collegu, but, of course (I'm an heavy computer
user), he is starting to be annoyed by the situation.
Not to mention that he used to be an hard time PC user, forced to use
Mac by the environment . And in order to convince him sharing his
computer, I've been telling how fantastic the Apple service was (I had
a problem with the keyboard and they've replaced it within 4 days) and
how I would have the computer back, before he would have even noticed I
was using his.....

> Your other course of action would be to go to the retailer (was it
> Apple?) who sold you the Powerbook

my TiBook is almost three years old... I guess that's not possible
anymore

I'll try sending an emaiul to Steve....
Silvo