Drool

Ritz, Daniel daniel.ritz at transcore.com
Wed May 19 07:07:39 PDT 2004

I just ordered a 12" PB refurb 1Gh with Superdrive.  I added a 512Mg RAM module.  Discounted price was fairly attractive, I thought and the 1Ghz seemed like a reasonable minimum level to get.

Apple sent the wrong adapter cable, I wanted a mini DVI to DVI - the flat panel screen I have been using to replace the broken 15" PB LCD has a VGA and DVI input.

Are the results from the DVI connection noticeably better than via VGA?

I also ordered the SCREENSAVRZ and PowerSleevz to protect the laptop's condition.  Anyone use the keyboard skin?  And is there a way to cover the trackpad so it doesn't get that shiny worn area after a couple years?  My goal is to keep this as mint as possible, and to resell it when the warranty expires in order to upgrade.  I like the peace of mind having an AppleCare covered unit.  A PB treated with TLC should retain value fairly well. (Just watch as they introduce a G6 by then and drop the bottom out of the residual value!)

Daniel