[Ti] Drool

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed May 19 09:50:27 PDT 2004

At 10:07 -0400 19/5/04, Ritz, Daniel wrote:
>  is there a way to cover the trackpad so it doesn't get that shiny
>worn area after a couple years?

Daniel - I think the short answer is no.  I have worked in the field
of wear and friction for some time. The shiny area is due to WEAR,
from the dynamic contact with your skin.  My 11/2003 Al-book trackpad
already has a shiny worn area.  It is not time, but use, that
determines the rate of wear.

	Roughness of your skin will also affect the rate of wear.
	So my only suggestion is to use lanoline and vitamin E
	on your fingers every day so that they are super smooth...
	Since humidity may also reduce the rate of wear,
	move to Singapore and work outdoors.

No more ideas that are within the control of the user.		:-)

Trevor