[Ti] Drool

Ted Johansson ted.johansson at pobox.com
Wed May 19 10:41:50 PDT 2004

I have a 17" TFT (1280x1024) with two cables, one for VGA and one for
DVI.

The only different appears to be that with VGA, the screen can be
slightly "misaligned" and gets somewhat unsharp, one does a "AUTO
ADJUST" to get it sharp again, but with the DVI, I can not find that
setting. Maybe if you run it with some tricky test patterns, like moiré
or so, you may notice a difference, but for daily use I can not see any
differences.

I ran this particular 17" with an ibook/vga (with the patch for
external monitor to get the 1280x1024) for five months before now using
it with a 1.33 GHz 12"/dvi at the same resolution.

/Ted