[Ti] Big problem: TiPB keeps ejecting CDs and DVDs

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat May 22 03:11:03 PDT 2004

2004-05-22 kl. 00.39 skrev John Griffin:

> The TiPB/DVI I sold...  Every CD and DVD just ejects as fast as he
> puts them in.
>
> In the last resort, call AppleCare.

If the Ti still has AppleCare I suggest he uses that.

Everybody else having this problem with the Tibook should start by
making certain that the top and bottom of the CDdrive is connected.
When the Tibook gets older it gets wobbly and a gentle squeeze right in
the centre of the drive will cause a snaping sound then when it
reconnects. (Longfinger at the bottom and the thumb in the centre of
the handrest on top will do it) After that it is time to go through all
the little screws at the bottom and under the keyboard to get as much
sturdiness as possible back to the Tibook. (and then check the squeeze
trick again before loading the CD :-)) It also helps to use really thin
CD:s to get the drive used to work again. Good quality music CDs is
better then self burned once e.g.

My Tibook 400 has got so worn by now that I mostly has to do the little
squeeze tric every time I'm going to use the CD/DVD-player.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)