[Ti] Your PB and night

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Sat May 22 18:01:02 PDT 2004

On 23/05/04 1:48, "b" <fl1pper at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Kim Gammelgaard paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:
>
>> Interesting!, I guess that you have not run Repair Permissions lately then,
>> and have changed permissions quite seriously. (did you do a 777 on /var/log
>> or something? )
>
> No, just set the alias as :
> per  sudo periodic daily weekly monthly
>
> so I type per <enter> and get the prompt for password, <type
> password> <Enter> done

Oh, now I understand why you could make such a strange suggestion as you
first did:

On 22/05/04 13:58, "b" <fl1pper at earthlink.net> wrote:

> John Griffin paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:
>
>> Download a utility called Macaroni. It does all these tasks in the
>> background while your machine is active.
>>
>> jg
>
> Or open Terminal, and at the prompt, type:
>
> periodic  -daily  -weekly  -monthly     <hit return>  usually
> finished in a couple seconds.
>
> ~flipper

This of course didn't make any sense, to run the jobs without doing a sudo,
which is why I kept hunting the reason why you could post it.

I think I will stick that alias into my .tcrsh-files too, as it seems an
easy way of doing things. (if I can remember that I did it ;-) )

Cheers,

Kim