[Ti] Your PB and night

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 16:48:13 PDT 2004

Kim Gammelgaard paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Interesting!, I guess that you have not run Repair Permissions lately then,
>and have changed permissions quite seriously. (did you do a 777 on /var/log
>or something? )

No, just set the alias as :
per  sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

so I type per <enter> and get the prompt for password, <type
password> <Enter> done

you can pop a hyphen onto the alias (in .tcshrc) and have it pipe the
daily, weekly, and monthly output files to more.

but the files are boring, and there's a boatload of them, in both the
current file, and the .gz'd files. Every couple months I'll cd over
to /private/var/log and do the ol'   rm *.gz  to get rid of all the
flotsam.

I run Repair Permissions everytime I install anything that requires
'authentication', that's installer-talk for we're gonna sudo around,
change a few permissions, etc...

~flipper