[Ti] funny noises. hardware failure?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sat May 22 15:05:24 PDT 2004

on 04/05/22 08:28, Tarik Bilgin at tarik at opalblue.com wrote:

> My Ti has recently started making some rather worrying noises.
>
> I get a very "low fi" beep (quite loud -- the kind you get when you
> power up Intel based motherboards) followed by a  "click" (sounds like
> a disk ejecting -- although it obviously isn't that)...

Regarding the "low fi" beep, my 800 MHz Ti started doding this sometime late
last year.  I believe it started doing it before I upgraded to Panther, but
I'm not 100% sure.  It lasts 1-1.5 seconds and seems to always do it at
maximum sound level.  I don't recall any click, however.  It happens two or
three times a week.  But I have no  problems with this machine.  I've just
gotten accustomed to it.  Interesting that someone else has finally reported
a similar thing!

Jerry