[Ti] Off Topic: DNS Hijacking or what?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon May 24 16:52:20 PDT 2004

Gonzalo Hernández Araujo typed this message on 5/24/04 6:48 PM:

> I've had some problems accessing google.com just an hour ago, I ran a
> traceroute which redirected me to:
>
> 19  titan.scinet.com.mx (66.132.146.31)  228.888 ms  226.029 ms  226.89
> ms
>
> I've ran also the whois utility for google.com, microsoft.com, msn.com,
> yahoo.com all of them showed weird things.
>
> Anyone knows what it is all about?

Don't know what to tell you Gonzalo. I tried google.com and got the expected
page. I also tried titan.scinet.com.mx and got what is obviously a Mexican
web site that is presently under construction.

Perhaps your ISP DNS server is a bit screwed up (?)

jg