[Ti] [OT] Floppy problem

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon May 24 17:26:53 PDT 2004

Hmmm, I used to use floppies a lot in early and mid-90's,
mostly window$ but Mac too, and with good quality brandname
disks (3.5in) I saw less than 1% bad regardless of time since
info put on them.  And I've TA'd courses taken by thoughtless
undergrads who abused their floppies, and saw very few bad
disks.  A couple of years ago, still doing some window$, when
I needed floppies I used some few year old no-brand ones which
came with like network driver installers on them, from sealed
plastic bags, and found no bad ones in a couple of dozen.

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Roger Snyder wrote:
 . . .
> On 5/24/04 13:44, "John Griffin" wrote:
>
> > I have a pile of work that I did
> > in the '80's and '90's on 800k disks in MacWrite Pro and PageMaker 4 format.
 . . .