[Ti] need root help

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun May 30 15:33:50 PDT 2004

There is one in every folder; per standard conventions, anything named
beginning with a period (note that the name is ".DS_Store", with a
period at the front) is hidden from the user.  For those not afraid of
the terminal, you can do "cd /path/to/a/folder/" to find a specific
folder (cd = change directory), and then "ls -a" to list all the files,
including hidden ones (ls = listing of directory contents).  To see
what directory you are currently in, type "pwd" (= print working
directory).  To delete the file, you can use rm (remove), but I'm not
going to describe how to use that command: if you're familiar with it,
use it.  If you're not, I'd recommend using a GUI tool of some sort;
there are a number that can be used to either delete the hidden
.DS_Store files, or to show all hidden files in the Finder.
I don't have time at the moment to look up specific names; somebody
else can chime in here, or ask me later and I can look if you can't
find any.