[Ti] 19" Ti-books (oops, Al-Books)

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun May 30 15:43:10 PDT 2004

On 30/5/04 11:10 pm, "b" <fl1pper at earthlink.net> wrote (in part):

> I worked in color correction, and I've done a lot of proofreading.

I would also agree with you on this point.

> I prefer the desktop CRTs.
> NOT the one I use at work, however. It's a Samsung 9250 or
> 9300-something, and is a guaranteed headache after 8 hours of
> intensive focusing. My LaCie, at home has been in front of me during
> more than a few 90+ hour jags... no eyestrain whatsoever.

I am always curious about situations like this...If you cannot convince the
'boss' that it is in your interest to have a better monitor in order to save
your eyes in terms of reduced sick days, eye fatigue, increased productivity
and morale...why on earth would you not either purchase a decent monitor for
your workplace yourself (expenses permitting) or use the one from home...You
only have one set of eyes. I was forced to use a cheap monitor at my last
place of work and it reduced my eyesight visibly within two years...No
matter what other means are available to compensate for that I still will
never get that vision back. At the new place of work I asked nicely for a
better monitor and when it was denied, I simply brought in my own computer
and did all of my work on it, once they realised that they did not have the
work on the company computers and that indeed my complaining went down and
productivity up they finally conceded and got me a new computer with monitor
(its not the best available but a definite improvement). It may be
financially tough to realise but if it is your occupation then *take care of
yourself* !

Richard