[Ti] Poll 19

khyber courchesne courchesne at onebox.com
Sun May 30 16:45:50 PDT 2004

For everyone's interest I started the thread because I need all the screen
real estate that I can get, as a very mobile architectural consultant
dealing with drawings that are usually drawn to be printed out at 30"x42".
For that reason I have the 17 and my dream machine would be a 1/4" thick 23"
powerbook with a virtual laser keyboard
(http://store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/vike.html).  The entire computer would just
be propped up as the cinema displays are now, with the virtual keyboard
projecting onto the desk.  I was just curious as to how far away my ideal is
from everyone else's.  Far, it seems ;-)

Thanks for your responses!

> From: Terry Houle <houle at citilink.com>
> I think Linux or Windows is faster.  Realizing that
> is a controversial statement and not trolling just my comment.
As for that, I don't think that is a controversial statement.  In
minute-to-second-to-tenth-of-a-second usage, those platforms feel faster and
probably are faster. Macs shine long-term over the day or week (my current
office prints about 2hours before deadline to the printers and plotters,
while our windows-based offices set their deadlines 1 week in advance of the
actual deadline, just to be able to print!!!!)