Aluminum books - fit and finish

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Sun May 30 17:39:50 PDT 2004

I do wish Apple would offer the option of AlBooks with the iBook casing.
Although I like the iBooks, I couldn't bear to part from dual-monitor
spanning. It's the biggest feature in the iBook that I miss. But I certainly
don't want to potentially destroy my iBook by fiddling with those unofficial
patches to get it to work.

After looking at the wear and tear on my original 1st generation TiBook, I
went exploring for paint touchups and then I found this little web site
advertising TiArmor. It looks like they've got skins for all 3 different
sizes.

It looks interesting. I'm thinking of getting a set for my 1st generation
TiBook and my 1st generation 12".

On 5/30/04 6:10 AM, the Defendant "PowerBook G4 Titanium List"
<Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com> said:

> Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:56:31 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Aluminum books - fit and finish
> From: JFL <jfl1970 at mac.com>
>
> Al-Books shells have to be anodized aluminum (powdered aluminum bonded
> to itself an another material, which can even be plastic). It's why, if
> you really take a close look or even a magnifying glass to it, the
> aluminum has a beach sand-like appearance. Now as to whether they're
> painted over to protect that surface -- not sure. Most likely something
> is done to protect the aluminum from oxidizing, which might actually
> make aluminum black if I remember correctly.
>
>> aluminum surfaces of these powerebooks.  Are they painted? anodized?
>> Jerry

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET