[Ti] Bad Block

Sam Moussly sambouka at mac.com
Thu Nov 4 18:15:53 PST 2004

Lalely i have been having serious problems with my laptops hard drive.
I hope it can be solved.

My OS froze a while back while installing a security updates. After
waiting for a while, I had to restart. That led for the OS not to boot
anymore. I tried disk utility and indicated that it can not be
repaired.

Luckily I had a back up of my OS on my external HD. I reinstalled
everything and things were runing fine for a few days, till again it
froze, had to restart, and the OS wouldn't load anymore.

I then tried running TechTool Pro 4.0 to see if the HD is ok. Protools
shows that everything is fine, except for some bad sectors? in the HD
that needed to be fixed. It recommended to zero out the HD and
reinstall. I zeroed the HD using Disk Utility and reinstalled my backed
up OS onto my laptop HD using Retrospect.

Same thing happened again when I tried installing the security updates
:/

I can't seem to get rid of that bad block. I also have tried
DiskWarrior to no avail. Anyone can recommend any ideas on how to solve
this? or am I out of luck and have to buy a new HD?

Just a side note, I did drop my PB a few months back in which i had to
replace my DVD burner. Everything else was running flawlessly till this
happened 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Sam
--