[Ti] Bad Block

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:45:45 PST 2004

2004-11-05 kl. 03.15 skrev Sam Moussly:

> I can't seem to get rid of that bad block. I also have tried
> DiskWarrior to no avail. Anyone can recommend any ideas on how to
> solve this? or am I out of luck and have to buy a new HD?
--------
You may very well have damaged your HD permanently but check the memory
sticks in the PB also. They may have taken a rough turn when you
dropped the PB and this kind of odd behavior with freezing and problems
while running security update may be coming from them.

Try to take the memories out and then run the PB with one of them at a
time (Assuming you have more than one stick)

Otherwise their is good descriptions on the net on how to swap a HD in
a Tibook (Assuming again since you didn't specify) and though it is a
cost involved it could perhaps be an opportunity to update to a bigger
and faster HD (more assumptions :-)). It must in any case be
nervracking to not know if the HD will crash on you before you have a
chance to do even the daily backup.

I had no problems in switching my HD so if you can find the money swap
it.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 040712
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)