[Ti] SMART status failing: travelstar... upgrade?

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Nov 22 01:39:33 PST 2004

2004-11-22 kl. 00.18 skrev Chris Olson:
> If you type "man diskutil" at the command line you can read about all
> the different options and things that diskutil has and does.
-----------
I can do as I'm told but I feel I understand only half of what I read.
:-)

Still I will post the "diskutil list" since it may be interesting for
somebody else to compare with their own.

9 and 10 is my partitions
0 tells the total HD size (40GB is what I bought :-))
1 is where the HD knows the size of partitions

2,3 och 4,5 is double because I have 2 partitions? (ATA for the screen?
Driver43 for the HD itself?)
6 The driver for the FireWire port seem to be enough with one
7 What is the Driver IOKit do?
8 Is this the patches that Chris thought was a fault in the disk which
Apple has put a "plaster" on?

Lisbeth-Zachs-dator:~ zachs$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
    #:                   type name               size      identifier
    0: Apple_partition_scheme                    *37.3 GB  disk0
    1:    Apple_partition_map                    31.5 KB   disk0s1
    2:         Apple_Driver43                    28.0 KB   disk0s2
    3:         Apple_Driver43                    28.0 KB   disk0s3
    4:       Apple_Driver_ATA                    28.0 KB   disk0s4
    5:       Apple_Driver_ATA                    28.0 KB   disk0s5
    6:         Apple_FWDriver                    256.0 KB  disk0s6
    7:     Apple_Driver_IOKit                    256.0 KB  disk0s7
    8:          Apple_Patches                    256.0 KB  disk0s8
    9:              Apple_HFS Starta_1           27.0 GB   disk0s10
   10:              Apple_HFS Starta_2           10.0 GB   disk0s12
Lisbeth-Zachs-dator:~ zachs$

Lisbeth i Göteborg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 041111
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)