[Ti] SMART status failing: travelstar... upgrade?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Nov 22 05:42:58 PST 2004

At 10:39 +0100 22/11/04, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>I will post the "diskutil list" since it may be interesting for
>somebody else to compare with their own.

Lisbeth - my list is shorter and simpler than yours:

    #:                   type name                       size      identifier

    0:               Apple_partition_scheme   *74.5 GB     disk0
    1:               Apple_partition_map             1.5 KB     disk0s1
    2:              Apple_HFS Mac OS X         14.9 GB     disk0s3
    3:              Apple_HFS documents          6.9 GB     disk0s5
    4:              Apple_HFS TJH                 47.1 GB     disk0s7
    5:              Apple_HFS VM                    5.2 GB     disk0s9

I think you have OS 9 drivers, which we cannot have on the Al-books......

Indeed it does look as though you have a patch.

I completely reformatted my 80Gb disk about 10 days ago, so that may
make my partition map cleaner and tidier.  When did you last reformat
your 40Gb disk?
Maybe now is the time......

regards,  Trevor