[Ti] 2nd Repost: Mail Inbox Problem

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 11:47:10 PST 2004

Hello to all,

I submitted this problem when the server transition
was happening, and received few replies (thanks to
those who did - but no solutions). Hopefully someone
can help.  We have been using Mail for six months -
this problem began two months or so ago.

The Problem:  The "In" box has 1273 messages in it.
There are two sub-boxes within the "In" box.   One
sub-box receives messages from a POP account, the
other is the .Mac account sub-box.   If we
click/select the "In" box, the messages for the POP
sub-box do not show in the left pane, BUT messages for
the .Mac sub-box do show in the left pane.  If we
click/select the POP sub-box the messages do not show
either.  If we click/select the .Mac sub-box the
messages do show in the left pane and can be read.

When we click/select the "Out" box, all messages show
up and so do the "Drafts", "Sent", "Trash", and 30
other folders.

Chris Reinhart replied:

> Have you tried selecting the mailbox with the
missing mail
> and going to the mailbox pulldown menu and choosing
rebuild?

My Reply, essentially:  "The "In" box doesn't show
rebuild as an option, nor do the sub-boxes.
Interesting enough, Mail will collect new messages
from the POP server and send to the
sub-box in question (increasing the message count);
the newly received messages are invisible."

Thank you again.  Dave

PS - If you all think I should take this to another
forum I'd be happy to do so.  If so, any suggestions?