[Ti] apop and Panther Mail.app

mac2 mac2 at oryx.cc
Sat Oct 2 21:52:21 PDT 2004

Is it possible to disable apop authentication in Mail.app in Panther?

I spent a very frustrating hour on the phone trying to help a friend, who is
using her powerbook and going through wayport ISP services in a hotel to get
back to her home ISP.  The ISP said that her mail program was trying to
authenticate via apop, which they don't support.

I have gone through the settings in Mail.app, and I just don't see it.  Am I
just overlooking a switch for apop authentication somewhere?

Thanks,

Jerry