[Ti] AlBook and AP Express

Leander Hutton lh59281 at appstate.edu
Wed Oct 6 19:52:31 PDT 2004

A friend of mine has bought an AirPort Express to use on his first rev
AlBook.  His roommate has an iBook G3 and has had no trouble connecting
the the AP Express.  But here lately (he's had it for a month with no
troubles) it's been dropping him off the network randomly and it's been
cutting in and out on AIrTunes.  He reinstalled the AP Express software
and it still does it.  I had him run the Apple hardware test and it
turned up nothing.

What do I need to have him delete so he can reinstall an older version
of the AirPort software (I know there were some issues with the 3.4.x
versions)?

Has any one else had this problem? If so how was it solved?

Thanks
Leander Hutton