[Ti] [OT?] missing internet plug-in

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Oct 12 12:32:01 PDT 2004

I am using the latest version of Safari (1.2.3) with OS X 10.3.5.

Many times in my web searches (for chemistry/science pages) I get this message:

	Safari cannot find the internet plug-in

	The page (name given) has content of MIME type :application/x-spt"

	Because you do not have a plug-in installled for this MIME type,
	this content can't be displayed.

Can anyone help with the meaning of x-spt?

Is it so unusual (or is it Windoze?) that the standard OS X/Safari
installation does not have the required (visualisation?) plug-in?

Exactly what kind of plug in is needed for this?

Where can I get it?

All help greatly apppreciated (to make my Al-book ever more performant)

regards,  Trevor