[Ti] Re: [Titanium] Insurance Cover for Powerbooks

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Sep 15 08:16:07 PDT 2004

--On Wednesday, September 15, 2004 08:12 AM +0300 "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley"
<hutley at geneva-link.ch> wrote:

> The insurance cover is new-for-old/replacement cost.  The insurance company
> benefits here, as the replacement cost is less than the purchase price (for
> computer stuff, on the basis that prics are always decreasing).

I have my PowerBook listed as a special item, as required, on insurance for
loss. However, two things to consider:
1. Make sure your coverage is adequate not only for the PowerBook, but for
all the other stuff (carry case, spare batteries, Airport Express, etc.) that
you usually carry around. It can easily add up to quite a bit.
2. My insurance agent reminded me that insurance companies don't like to pay
claims and your standing with them decreases with each one, especially a
claim for several thousand to replace a notebook and accessories, to the
point where they may drop you, forcing you into a pricey risk pool.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com