[Ti] Titanium only?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri Sep 17 15:21:50 PDT 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 4:57 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:

> Eric,
>
> So to be clear posts about PowerBooks prior to the Ti ( 100, 180, 520,
> G3 etc.) go on the "PowerBooks" list.
>
> Posts about Ti PowerBooks go on the Ti list.
>
> But posts about Al PowerBooks (and hopefully soon G5 PowerBooks) go
> back to the "PowerBooks" list?
>
> I don't know about a "new" PowerBooks list, mine goes back a few years
> and as I say covers everything from the grey plastic PowerBooks with
> trackball and multi coloured Apple logo onwards. I guess "new" is
> relative to how long you have subscribed for.

I personally don't think the Powerbooks list should cover older
powerbooks - that's what the G-books list at Low End Mac is for.  We
should change the name of the Titanium list to "Metalbooks" or
something.  I'd hate for there to have to be another list when the
mythical G5 Powerbook comes along - something like "WhiffleBook List".
Metalbooks would cover all the G4 (and maybe the G5) powerbooks.

Listen to the G-books list for a while - it's mostly "how do I get this
old hardware to work with X application" or "where can I get part Y for
my PB 3400".  We need to keep the aluminum discussions with the
titanium discussions, IMHO, because they are focused mostly on current
issues with current operating systems and recent hardware.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3.9 on Mac OS X 10.3.5