[Ti] Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

b syrflip at verizon.net
Tue Sep 21 16:02:18 PDT 2004

Chris Olson paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>Frankly, Apple's desktop keyboards could use some improvement for
>heavy users.  I use one about a year and the pilots under the
>most-used keys start getting worn to the point where they get
>sticky.  IMHO, they should put some type of scissors assy under the
>keys like the PowerBook keyboards have to keep the key straight on
>the pilot.
>--
>Chris

agreed, even the spring-action ones seemed to live a little longer.

speaking of boards though, that's the odd thing about my Ti's
internal board, it was hardly used. i had an external, and landed a
full-time work-at-home-on-the-Mac gig, immediately, so when the board
started generating characters, like a 'stuck' hyphen, even when it
wasn't being touched for hours, i got spooked.

I've seen some of these $300 boards that seem built like tanks, with
fast-throw IBM selectric 'feel'. Not too shabby. Pricey for me, but...

looking forward to the Matias in a couple days. I go through one a year also.

~flipper

p.s. heheh, my old PB 150s were absolutely concave in the middle, from