[Ti] HD acting funny

Sam Moussly sambouka at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 06:23:35 PDT 2004

Lalely i have been having serious problems with my Tibook, I hope you guys can help out.

My OS froze the other day while installing the security updates. After waiting for a while, I had to restart. That led for the OS not to boot anymore. I tried disk utility and indicated that it can not be repaired.

Luckily I had a back up of my OS on my external HD. I reinstalled everything and things were runing fine for a few days, till again it froze, had to restart, and the OS wouldn't load anymore.

I then tried running Protools to see if the HD is ok. Protools shows that everything is fine, except for some bad sectors? in the HD that needed to be fixed. It recommended to zero out the HD and reinstall. I zeroed the HD and reinstalled my backed up OS onto my laptop HD using Retrospect.

Same thing happened again when I tried installing the security updates :/

I am having doubts that my HD is dying on me. Just a side note, I did drop my PB a few months back in which i had to replace my DVD burner. Everything else was running flawlessly till this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sam