[Ti] Backpack/carrying case for 17"

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Fri Apr 1 13:12:13 PST 2005

On 4/1/05 2:17 PM, "Chris Scott" <crscott at newsguy.com> wrote:

> I know we've been over this before, but opinions change, new products
> are introduced, etc.
>
> What do people like to carry their 17" laptops in?
>
> Thanks.

In my opinion, and I've used a *lot* of bags to carry a lot of various PB's
around the world, the Brenthaven bags, designed exclusively for Apple and
the Powerbooks, are the best value wise.

They may be more expensive than other bags but you get what you pay for. I
have a bag for the 15" PB that is over 3 years old, has been around the
world (Tokyo once, Paris 3 times, New York, Dallas, SF, etc) and you can't
tell it apart from my co-host's brand new bag - we had to get identifying
tags to tell them apart. :)

And these bags don't get babied. They get thrown around, stuffed into taxi
trunks in New York, thrown on the floor in press rooms in Paris, left behind
in bars in SF (don't ask) and they not only don't look the worse for wear,
they protect thousands of dollars of electronic, computer and video gear
stuffed inside of them.

As you can tell, I *highly* recommend them. As a matter of fact, I so highly
recommend them, I actually *bought* one.....and if you know anything about
the media, we *hate* to buy anything. :)

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer