[Ti] Aging LCD

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sat Apr 9 14:23:32 PDT 2005

John Griffin <jwegriffin at mac.com> writes:
> OK, I just discovered that I have been had! This must be an April
> Fool¹s
> offering. What it does is dim your screen so gradually you don¹t
> notice it,
> then comes with the sponge routine and brightens your screen back up.
> You
> can tell this by quitting the application just as it starts to clean
> the
> screen. Ooops! It was never dim to begin with!

Yeah, this came out, oh, say about 8 days ago, I believe. ;-)

You might try using the Colorsync calibration in the Displays
preference pane->Color->Calibrate.  It won't make the backlight any
brighter, but it might make the screen look a little better, depending
on your preferences.  There should also be a few pre-set color
calibrations already in there that you can compare to.