[Ti] 550 drive monitor at 1600 x 1200?

Bill Reburn billreburn at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 10 08:23:09 PDT 2005

I have the exact machine, drives my Samsung SyncMaster 950p just fine.
That's 19" CRT at 1600x1200, flicker free 75Hz, Millions of colours, while
simultaneously using the 'book's display for palette's and email.

I believe that is the max.. All 'books after ours had a healthier dose of
ram in the video dept. My display goes up a notch higher.. Perhaps turning
the laptop display off eeks out a little more vram for the external display?

On 4/10/05 12:43 AM, "maf291 at nyu.edu" tapped out:

> Subject line says it all. What's the max resolution and color depth that
> my powerbook 550 mhz 1 gig RAM can drive an external monitor?
>
> thanks all!
>
> mano

Bill Reburn, MGDC MB Chapter