[Ti] Re: Advice/Help On a Refurb/Used Powerbook

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 12 20:02:25 PDT 2005

OK, now *this* message is my reply to ~flipper, who can still read
posts fine.  ;-)  Confused?  Ask him - should've included his E-mail
address in the last post, it's lord.flipper at gmail.com.

Hmmm, what a coincidence...  I'm looking to sell my PowerBook in a few
months.  ;-)
No Titaniums came with 128 MB VRAM.  The prior model 1.5 GHz (from
2004) and current 1.67 GHz 15-inch PowerBooks and prior model 17-inch
have 128 MB VRAM as a configure-to-order option only.  The current
17-inch model is the only one with 128 MB VRAM standard.

That said, I'm not sure you need 128 MB for most things; I have a 1 GHz
17" PowerBook G4 with 64 MB of VRAM which I use with dual displays most
of the time.  I don't bother unplugging the second display when I play
games, because I just don't notice a big difference by doing so.  The
Bare Feats URL below essentially confirms that, unless you really need
the extra 2 or 3 fps in an intensive 3D game, you don't need the extra
VRAM.

http://www.barefeats.com/pb12.html