[Ti] 1.33 GHz Combo drive to Super?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:30:46 PDT 2005

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

>At 07:30 -0700 14/4/05, Arnie Ramirez wrote:
>>Every PowerBook G4, regardless of its original drive, can be
>>upgraded to a DVD and CD burning SuperDrive.
>>
>>I know because that's what we do!
>
>Arnie - well, we can't get a clearer or more definitive statement than that !

To John, Arnie, and Dr. Trevor,

Thanks a million.

I assumed they all could be upgraded. My old 667 Titanium almost got
upgrases at one point. So i was a bit shocked at the wording at Other
World.

I clicked on the G4 powerbook 1.33 selector, and saw "models that
have a CD+/-R/W + DVD Rom and other 'super' drives can be
upgraded...."

The DVD Rom (sic) sounded like the Combo, but the use of the word
'and', threw me.

I'm going to call a 'mulligan' on account of a particularly grueling
day of SGML work without visual 'validation'... my brain hurts.

~flipper