[Ti] AI Trackpad - STILL major deficiency after 10.3.9

Paige Adams phadams at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 14:28:17 PDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 3:27 AM, Rod Duncan wrote:

> All you new AI owners what is your experience with the trackpad? Is it
> a hardware issue with only some machines or is it an across-the-board
> software problem isolated to this new AI powerbook release? If it is
> only some of us then I guess it is hardware and I will have to send it
> in for a trackpad replacement. Personally, I think it is software
> related.

Rob - I just got my brand new AlBook (15-inch, 1.67G) yesterday as a
replacement for one (last year's model) that was damaged on a recent
trip.

No erratic trackpad behavior here, knock on wood. I've never been a big
fan of trackpads in general, but it is smooth and accurate -- no
jumping or inaccuracies.

By the way, I'm LOVING the new two-finger scrolling feature! Very
intuitive.

-patch