[Ti] worst update ever?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Apr 22 16:03:55 PDT 2005

At 08:07 +1000 23/4/05, Peter Sealy wrote:
>On 23/04/2005, at 2:02 AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>>Is it just me, or is 10.3.9 the worst update ever?  :-)
>
>The worst upgrade ever?

What I am saying is that I always apply the updates as soon as they
are out, and I can hardly remember having any problem before.

I have also noticed, today, a lot of spinning beach ball.  Sometimes
for so long (eg 15 mkinutes) that I have had to restart.  Late last
night I was working, and suddenly the whole machine shut down on me,
whilst i was in hte middle of typing a sentence.  No warning.  Should
I be getting concerned that it is something else??

>I don't think so but that's only my view.

maybe it was said for emphasis, not based on an analysis of all the
historical facts since 1984.

>Wasn't there one upgrade somewhere in the 10.2.x series which had to
>be pulled very soon after release?

I do remember that, but I think I had not installed that one.

>Hope that you have smooth sailing from here on.

Thanks !

T.