[Ti] Re: worst update ever?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 08:05:28 PDT 2005

I had an early problem with Safari after the Combo update. It was loading
pages with many pieces missing (represented by blue squares with question
marks) and the activity window reporting errors: ³bad server response²

So after experimenting with my Network settings, I disabled Web Proxy and
tried again, and Safari now works just fine but a tad slower without the
Proxy turned on.

The problem is that with Satellite Internet connection Web Proxy is pretty
well standard.

I¹ll keep trying new things...

BTW: After playing with OS X 10.4 on a developer friend¹s G5 Dual, I can¹t
wait for the official release of Tiger. This thing is huge!

jg