[Ti] How To Move My Acc't to the new Powerbook?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:33:22 PDT 2005

haven't really had this 'problem' before. My 1.25 GHz Aluminum
Powerbook arrived today. And I would like to move some data from my
667 Ti-Book to the new spot.

I'm particularly interested in which files, exactly, govern the
Internet prefs. Specifically, my login password...heheh. I completely
forgot it. The Ti hooks up automatically, and i'd prefer to import
all my settings. last time i needed to know my password (for a
networked PC here) verizon gave me a new pass, instead, and I don't
want to go that route with these people.

Also, what's the simplest way to grab an old home folder? Ethernet
direct, a target boot, or should I dump things to an 800 firewire
drive and set the new Mac to "Ignore Ownership" on the drive? Or
should I boot the new Mac in Target disk mode, and boot the Ti in OS
9 and just 'make it so'

I suppose i have a lot of questions. I have about 200 gigabytes of
music, spread here and there across a few drives. (there're all
hooked up to the Ti-Book, now.) Can I grab the same file from my
iTunes Library that has the data for all the tracks, or is all that
modified stuff part of the original tracks' meta data, now?

Anyways, what an elegant machine. The keyboard actually feels like it
might last for a bit. I'm impressed.

cherers,
Brian S.