[Ti] Tiger on Titanium

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 10:35:50 PDT 2005

Now that you have asked...

I installed it (build 8A428) on an external drive and gave it a test run. It
seems to run fine. Little Snitch was broken, but ran fine when reinstalled.

One big complaint: When filling in information, Apple searched my .Mac
account and asked me to re-enter some information. When I did so I noticed
that there was a checkbox that said: ³automatically renew my membership
every year² and the default had this box checked to enable.

Sorry, but in my mind that it pretty close to being fraudulent! The default
should be to _NOT_ enable. If the member wants to enable yearly renewal,
he/she should physically have to click on this box and submit the form. I
believe this is called negative billing and is considered illegal in Canada
(and most other countries, I would guess).

jg