[Ti] OT: FS: 17" 1 GHz PowerBook

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 20:39:00 PDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 10:51 PM, Kynan Shook wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I've decided to upgrade to an iBook and a PowerMac; a cheap computer
> to carry around with me, and a nice fast computer for my time at home.
>  As such, it's time for me to sell my PowerBook.  The basic specs:
>
> 2x DVD-RW SuperDrive

This is a rev A Lunchtray, right?  Even though you may have hacked the
Firmware on this puppy's Superdrive, the drive only re-writes DVDs at
1X.  Unless you are using a different hack than this:

http://superdrive.cynikal.net/#q15

If you haven't hacked the drive, then it's only a 1X DVD-R drive.  If
you have, you may consider re-flashing the drive back to Apple's
original firmware or at least make it clear to the buyer that you have.
  If they send it for repair for a drive-related issue, Apple may refuse
the repair.

Just a suggestion, I'm **pretty sure** that Apple didn't sell an
interim 1 GHz model that had the 2X DVD-R drive.  I could be wrong.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.9
pkrug at mac.com