[Ti] VGA Question...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Thu Apr 28 07:08:01 PDT 2005

> Apple LCD 17" display? That resolution might be a limitation of the
> monitor.
> CRT can go waaaaay higher. I still live by the CRT. LCD is nice.. But
> just
> not there yet for fully accurate print and design work. VERY CLOSE
> THOUGH!

Someone here at work bought two Dell Ultrasharp 19" displays for the
video editing suite. I tried one on my Ti, and compared it to some
generic NEC displays we had - pretty close to color, as far as I'm
concerned (though I'd have to compare it to some printed pieced we did
to see how well it matches, and see how low of a tint it could
display).

The other day I found out I could have gotten a Dell 20" widescreen
display (1680 x 1050) after rebates (immediate rebates, not those
rip-off ones) for 350.00 - this uses the same LCD as Apple's 20" -
perhaps even the same backlight.

Anyways, I'm looking to the "future" and plan to get a 15" Al when the
next school season comes along. But I'd like to get the display now, as
my Ti's screen is feeling a bit cramped (I use two 19" CRT's at
work...) when I work at home.

Will the Ti support 1680 x 1050? And will I have to close the lid?

Thanks!