[Ti] Difference between LaunchBar and Spotlight?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 08:04:26 PDT 2005

I have been using LaunchBar for many years and am surprised by all the fuss
about Spotlight (which as far as I can see is a fancier LaunchBar).

Could someone in the know explain the difference? In LaunchBar you type
Command/Space and a menu drops down. You type a few characters in the name
of the file you are looking for (or the application or Web site or folder,
etc.) and the relevant files, applications, folders and web sites are
listed. You just click on the one that you are looking for and it is
immediately launched.

LaunchBar is about $20. Spotlight is in Tiger that costs $150 Cdn.

jg