[Ti] Difference between LaunchBar and Spotlight?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Apr 28 08:21:35 PDT 2005

>I have been using LaunchBar for many years and am surprised by all the fuss
>about Spotlight (which as far as I can see is a fancier LaunchBar).
>
>Could someone in the know explain the difference? In LaunchBar you type
>Command/Space and a menu drops down. You type a few characters in the name
>of the file you are looking for (or the application or Web site or folder,
>etc.) and the relevant files, applications, folders and web sites are
>listed. You just click on the one that you are looking for and it is
>immediately launched.
>
>LaunchBar is about $20. Spotlight is in Tiger that costs $150 Cdn.

Spotlight is but one feature of Tiger.

Spotlight will show you all of the documents and files within your
hard drive the *reference* or speak of your search terms.

i.e. It will show you the documents, emails, pdf, etc, that have the
search words that you are looking for *within the documents*, not
just the fact that the files are named with the search term.
--

Robert Ameeti

The geek shall inherit the earth.