[Ti] How To Move My Acc't to the new Powerbook?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 03:53:31 PDT 2005

Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

>29 apr 2005 kl. 03.31 skrev ~flipper:
>
>>Well, I'd like to know where the new option is. I did an erase,
>>partition, clean install, and not even a hint of any sort of thing
>>like that came to the surface.
>-----------
>I wouldn't expect it to if you first wiped it out. :-) They don't
>expect you to do anything else but start you new PowerBook and the
>first program loading is the Setup Assistent asking if you have a
>previous Mac which you will import from. It then tells you how to do
>it.
>
>Done it for two happy owners of new PB and no trouble.

I did the erase/partition on the new one. Didn't 'wipe out' any of my
files on the other machine. The first thing I remember seeing, in the
startup after the fullPpanther install on the new Mac, was 'Pick a
language', 'Set a time zone', etc...

As for the other suggestions re: Setup Assistant', or 'Migration
Assistant', nothing like that in the full, un-modified Panther
installer here. I went from a 10.3 to a 10.3.9 update, so maybe the
update wiped the assistant...sound likely?

I can do the whole process again, on the weekend, but I'm reluctant
to redo, based on the 'missing' 'Setup' utilities. Would rather see a
screenshot, first. :)

`flipper