[Ti] (OT) Printing enigma

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:41:14 PDT 2005

Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

>30 apr 2005 kl. 19.29 skrev J Langlois:
>
>>We must use 3 layer NCR paper to process our purchase orders (no
>>chance of changing that method.)
>---------
>Please forgive me for not understanding the difference between a
>paper with "two carbon copies" and a procedure to simply print the
>paper in triplicate. Surely somebody must be able to take your
>working situation in to this centuary. :-)
>
>Lisbeth in Gothenburg

There are any number of reasons for multiple sheets, without
'carbons'. first off is different colored sheets to go to different
places... say, one to the client, one to shipping, one to accounting,
and, more importantly, the three sheets might only have small
sections of text 'boxes' in common, and the rest of each sheet is
totally different in terms of content Using one sheet, and hitting
"3" on the copier/printer, just wouldn't cut it..

Given that, how would one streamline things? Run each sheet through
the printer, consecutively? There goes triple the effective cost (in
terms of 'time', i.e., salaries) of the same procedure done 'the old
way'.

I would think that switching to pdf formats with 'fields' or 'forms'
would make more sense. Do it all electronically then let each doc get
printed the fastest way possible. "Fields' can be linked in any
number of ways, so 'layout' wouldn't be an issue.

But there almost has to be some other situation on the user end that
precludes more 'obvious' ideas to those of us not in possession of
the unique 'facts' of the matter.

brian s