[Ti] (OT) Printing enigma

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Apr 30 23:56:30 PDT 2005

1 maj 2005 kl. 04.41 skrev ~flipper:
> There are any number of reasons for multiple sheets, without
> 'carbons'. first off is different colored sheets to go to different
> places... say, one to the client, one to shipping, one to accounting,
> and, more importantly, the three sheets might only have small sections
> of text 'boxes' in common, and the rest of each sheet is totally
> different in terms of content Using one sheet, and hitting "3" on the
> copier/printer, just wouldn't cut it.
----------
John Langlois may be frustrated by me pursuing the subject in the wrong
direction. Sorry. :-)

I'm well aware of different kind of copies. We had that solved already
in the middle seventies, when I at a shipping company produced Bill of
and Reciever" visable and others absolutely all information about the
cargo and all the versions in between.

With todays computer power you will only need to add the information in
a FileMaker Pro register or even AppleWorks then order three different
layouts to be printed on a set of same or different coulored papers. In
FMPro you can have the printing automated so it goes from one layout to
another automatically and since todays printers is so much faster than
John's ImageWriter I'm positive the total time will be the same or even
shorter. Not to mention how much better the quality of the printing.

I hope this kind of information will give John a chance to point out
for the decisions makers that, as I said previously, they need to move
to this centuary.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)