[Ti] TI upgrade ?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 05:58:50 PDT 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 6:22 AM, ~flipper wrote:

> With a Titanium here, and an Aluminum, I can compare a couple of
> these installation/removal changes. And it's no wonder certain
> processes void the warranty.

Regarding upgrades of Ti's and Al's...  My boss finally got her 120
GB HD (and my 100 GB drive showed up, too).  Putting the 120 in the
Ti was relatively simple - take screws off back, take off bottom,
separate the HD's connector plug from the socket (the hardest part),
remove screws holding HD in case.  Repeat in reverse using new hard
drive.  Done.

The Aluminum (my 17-inch PB G4 Lunchtray Deluxe) seems substantially
harder.  I have the manual and I have the instructions from PBFixit.
MANY more screws all over the place, all different lengths - I have
printed up a screw sheet for this - plus disconnecting the logic
board ZIF connector.  This doesn't look like fun, but the extra 40 GB
will be worth it (doing this today, big coincidence, this thread
is).  This doesn't look as harrowing as the HD upgrade I did on my
wife's iBook/500.  Pages and pages of instructions, even more
screws.  I must have done a good job on that one because I only had
one screw left over!

Anyway, wish me luck!  A-voiding I will go!

Peter

"I felt something, a disturbance in the network, as if a million Mac
zealots cried out in horror and were suddenly silenced."

-- One Slashdot reader comments on Apple's switch to Intel.

Peter Krug
pkrug at mac.com