[Ti] Question about 2005 AI books and the mouse button.

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Fri Aug 5 18:19:20 PDT 2005

I have a 2005 model AI Powerbook.

>If you click in the middle of the button at the front do you hear
>the clicking sound?

No, I don't hear the clicking sound when using the front of the button.

>I hear a click on the left and right and in the middle but not if I
>click in the front anywhere.

Ditto.

>Can you tell me if you you click on the top of the button from left
>to right whether you get
>the same response as in the middle?

I don't get the same response by clicking on the left or the right
versus the middle.

However, I don't use the mouse button. I exclusively use the track
pad to do all things mousie. Including the new double finger drag
up/down - left/right.

My problem with the new trackpad is that it isn't as accurate as
trackpads of the past. When choosing an insertion point or double
tapping to choose a word etc. the insertion point, too often, jumps
erratically. I have an open case number with Apple regarding this
issue. I am going to have the trackpad replaced, at my convenience.
We don't have a repair location locally. My buddy also experiences
the same erratic trackpad insertion situation with his 2005 model AI
powerbook. Specifically, he has an 1.5 GHz AI combo model and I have
the 1.67 GHz AI superdrive 15" model. We believe the problems exist
with many of the new 2005 version trackpads that allow double finger
drag scroll. It is disconcerting when you are constantly on guard to
make sure the insertion point ultimately reflects your choice.

My 2 cents.

Rod

Rod Duncan

        "Buy a Mac and be thought a fool
or buy a WinDoh! box and remove all doubt."

   Still virus free...  and after ALL these years.