[Ti] Ti logicboard and combo upgrade ?

Ondra Soukup ondras at di.cz
Sat Aug 6 15:06:37 PDT 2005

After one year I had been given a Ti from a friend for 2 weeks of use
while my had been repaired , I saw it again.
Horror. Broken hinges.About 200 pixels from right side of the screen
were just white, you needed to press the corner to see something. The
outer white frame was all scratched/black. Hard drive clicking around
(lots of bad blocks) when idle. That's what happens when you give
something to employe.

So now I'll get the "rest"... 550MHz logic board (also keyboard),
combo drive....
  The question is if the 550MHz logic board could fit into my 400MHz
(now 500MHz :) body ?
As I just lifted up the keyboard on the 550, I saw that the combo
drive is shorter...keyboard uses another connector so I would need to
replace mine DE-ISO for EN-ANSI (thanks god, I'm not german :).
Will the new COMBO fit into old 400MHz chassis ?
Is there a way to overclock the 550 to 667 as it could be done with
the first series Ti ?

Maybe little bit confusing, but I hope you get it.

Ondra Soukup