[Ti] Impending speed bumps?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Tue Aug 23 19:25:58 PDT 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 1:24 PM, Hector Luna wrote:

> I'm in the market to get a new powerbook and was wondering if there
> was an impending speed bump within the next month or so.

Nobody knows.  2.0 Ghz G4's have been available for awhile now.
Almost immediately after Apple officially announced they had fallen
victim to Intel's roadmap of broken promises IBM announced the
availability of mobile low power dual core G5 chips.  In the old days
those dual core G5's would be in the beloved PowerBook already, but
as Apple makes the transition from a computer company to a digital
media company, unfortunately, the Mac will start to take a back seat
as it becomes more and more a commodity appliance used to deliver
digital media solutions.  Apple is conveniently ignoring that those
dual core G5's even exist.
  If the truth would suddenly be revealed that Apple abandoned a
superior architecture in order to morph into a digital media content
provider, the Mac faithful might become alarmed.

I wouldn't expect anything too dramatic.  Those days are gone.
--
Chris