WordPerfect vs, MS Word (was: Re: [Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sat Dec 3 18:26:33 PST 2005

William Scammell said:

>But *don't* try doing multi-column layout in Word. Ack!

If I want something fancy like multicolumn and don't have Indesign where
I am, I use Ragtime 5.6.4. It's awkward but powerful. It's a word
processor gone document publishing tool the good way, albeit it's a bit
"german" GUI-wise, if you catch my drift (compare to Emagic Logics
interface). It's no match for Indesign of course, but Ragtime is free for
non-commercial work. I also use its spreadsheet functions for my modest needs.

Are there any free and/or open sourced Linux or GNU ports in the area of
DTP/Document management one should be aware of? Publishing tools?