[Ti] OFFTOPIC Powerbook MacIntel . . .

kalirhe at umdnj.edu kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Mon Dec 5 11:59:25 PST 2005

Quoting Tarik Bilgin <tarik at opalblue.com>:

> kalirhe at umdnj.edu wrote:
>
> >One day, he was told that Gen U.S. Grant drinks a lot of whiskey and is
> >often seen drunk.
> >
> >"Find out what's his brand of whiskey is, and send a crate each to all
> the
> >other Generals", was Abe's reply.
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Henry
> >

> So yes, if what you care about most in the world is the M$ share price,
> yes M$ are the most wonderful company in the world and are "doing a
> great job". Microsoft are not just using unethical/strange/misunderstood
>
> practices to produce a product that is otherwise excellent (which I take
>
> as  the point of your anecdote about Abraham Lincoln); they are
> producing a low quality poor excuse for an OS.
>
> McDonalds corporation are also selling a lot of hamburgers. Do they make
>
> a great hamburger? No.
>
> Personally I am a consumer, a user, not an investor in M$ or Intel's
> fortunes. I choose the best product out there that i see. Personally I
> will take Mac OS X over Windows XP any day. If Apple move to Intel, I
> will continue to buy Apple, but if Apple announced tomorrow they were
> moving to a new version of the OS that is based on Windows XP, I would
> stop buying Apple (and move to a BSD Linux). For me it really is that
> simple. The work I do with computers is too high level and rarely
> limited by the hardware that I am worried about any hardware
> architecture choices Apple make, though I accept that this is somewhat
> due to my lack of knowledge in the field of computer hardware design.

Well - Chris is now telling us that his company is moving to Windows because
the application they need (by Adobe) runs better on that "inferior OS". I'm
NOT a Windows fan, I'm a loyal Mac person who is asking the logical
question: What does Apple need to do to drive up the popularity of the Mac
OS, so that more applications get written for it due to its increased
marekt share? I'm hoping for solutions (and I think moving to Intel is a
wise move) and not for excuses (real or imaginary).

Best,

Henry